Thursday, March 11, 2010

Knitting: Rib 2x2 Stitch: Even Number of Stitches

Knitting: Stitch: Ribbing 2x2

This is an example Only of Even Stitches:
The way I set up the ribbing is...

First, I Cast On 20 Stitches...

Second, I began with 2 Knit Stitches using Eastern European Method...because the loop on the left needle leans towards the front on the Back of the loop...and it is easier to knit the stitch that way since it's leaning forward from the back of the loop...

Third, I continue moving on to stitch 3 & 4 which are Purl stitches...I use the Variation Purl.... because it does not cause stress on my fingers or hand...

Fourth, I continue this pattern of: Knit 2, Purl 2, Knit 2, Purl 2...etc...until I get to the last 2 stitches...

Finally, the last 2 stitches... I end with 2 Purl Stitches...

WARNING:
This is Even Number of Stitches..meaning you Begin with 2 Knit Stitches and you end in 2 Purl Stitches

This Demo Pattern will be:
K2, P2, K2, P2, K2, P2, K2, P2, K2, P2...if you have any Questions, Concerns, Comments, or Suggestions... please feel free to do so and I will respond ... As Soon As Possible...Peace...SweetWaterPurl



No comments:

Post a Comment